Spring has definitely sprung in New York, and summer is well on it's way (90 degrees yesterday)!
This past weekend I avoided the city and never went underground. Instead, I got to know the bus system a little better and never left my beloved borough of Brooklyn. It began with a trip to Fort Defiance, a sweet little spot in Red Hook with a killer cocktail list and great food. Despite the list of more elaborate cocktails, I opted for a Cucumber Collins. I love how refreshing they are and the unique flavor the cucumber provides. I loved it so much, I wanted to make my own, and low and behold, the NYT published the Fort Defiance recipe last summer! Bliss.
The next morning it was on to Alma, the rooftop restaurant in Columbia Heights with the best views of the city with some cool industrial cranes and shipping crates in the foreground. They have the best breakfast burrito in town, according to Chris, and I had an equally delicious baked dish of bubbly cheese, tortilla strips, fresh avocado, and poached eggs on top.
After that, we walked along the water to the recently opened Pier 1. The park is beautiful and pristine, and it will only get better as they continue to open more of it! A little while later, and after a scoop of coffee ice cream from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, we took the bus over to Habana Outpost for some frozen mojitos, sunshine, good company, and good music. Some Mexican snacks were consumed at Pequena (the name is true to the space) across the street too.
After all that, and a sunburn to go along with it, the rest of the weekend was filled with more productive, less interesting activities, except for a KILLER yoga class at Bend and Bloom in Park Slope. If you want to kick your core into high gear, take a core integration flow class with Angela. It'll hurt to laugh afterwords, but it hurts so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment